Established – 1839
Martin Township was organized in 1839 and named in honor of President Martin Van Buren. The first settlers were Mumford Eldred and his family. They were followed by other families who settled in the township from 1837 to 1850. Their names were – Walter, Montieth, Kimball, Shepherd, Shelman, Redpath, McVean, Patterson, Wheeler and Wylie. These families and their descendants have made Martin Township what it is today. We want to continue that legacy for all families living in our township today. Our vision is to provide a growing secure, hometown community.
The Village of Martin was incorporated in 1947. Visit the Martin Village Website.
Martin Township Board meeting will meet March 4th 2020, @ 6:30 P.m. for the regular board meeting instead of March 11th at Martin Township Hall 998 Templeton Street, MI 49070.
Martin Township will hold a Special Meeting, September 24th at 1:00 p.m. regarding expanding the Fire Station, Apparatus Bay.
The meeting will be held at 998 Templeton Street, Martin MI. 49070.
Professional Code Inspection
Professional Code Inspection is Martin Township’s building / zoning code enforcer. You may contact PCI @ 616-877-2000